Fashion Design Contest 2015
Submit your Winter 2016 designs for your chance to win $1,000 and an expenses paid trip to New York City.
109TaylorMade is pleased to launch the “Artemis Secret Fashion Design Contest” a fashion design competition for emerging Canadian fashion designers. This life-changing competition gives designers a chance to submit winter 2016 designs. The winning design will be hand-selected by 109TaylorMade and a panel of fashion industry professionals. 109TaylorMade will showcase the produced winning look on all the company media outlets and subsequent fashion shows.
In addition to a cash prize of $1,000, the designer will enjoy an all-expenses paid trip to New York City to accompany our buyers and designers on a buying trip, and network with fashion notables during the visit.
This competition was created to nurture the creativity and natural aptitude of emerging design talent while creating opportunities, using its established network to further the new designer’s media exposure and assist with introductions in the fashion industry.
DESIGN FOR “109TAYLORMADE” OVERVIEW
109TaylorMade is a subsidiary of the mother company of Yanagi Group. It is firmly established in the world of wedding apparel, and now is ready to take on its next big challenge, introducing to the world to a new vision in fashion.
109TaylorMade is dedicated to emerging design talent and has set out to promote talented individuals within the design community. Coupling desire to support new talent and to learn all aspects of the fashion industry, you end up with a life-changing opportunity.
We understand the focus, raw talent, passion, drive, excellence and work ethic required to break into the world of fashion. Now more than ever, big dollars of the large apparel brands is King – while small brands and new talent find it more and more difficult to get a foothold. This is where the “Artemis Secret – fashion designs competition shines!
This competition includes:
- A judging panel of fashion industry experts
- Professional patterning and production of the winning design
- Media exposure
- The top five contestant will meet with the creative team to discuss working side-by-side with 109TaylorMade as a design collaborator
- The winner will have the designs photographed for editorial
- 2-hour consultation with a fashion production consultant who has 30+ years of industry experience
- Cash prize of $1000
- Economy class airfare, 2-night accommodation and ground transportation
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
To enter the ARTEMIS SECRET FASHION DEISGN CONEST you must be at least 17 years of age and a Canadian citizen, permanent legal resident or student visa.
The design entered cannot already have been commercially produced and sold to any wholesale clients or through any retail outlets. We retain sole discretion as to what constitutes inappropriate content.
By entering the contest, entrants agree to have their submitted name displayed on our website and used by us for any purpose, at any time, without any fee or other form of compensation. The winning designer is required to sign a waiver release for the design, and a waiver release for videotaping. Winning designer also agrees to be available for round trip travel to NYC August 28-30, 2015. Only one (1) round-trip ticket is provided. Only expenses of the winning designer are covered, hotel accommodations and ground transportation to & from the airport as well as scheduled events only. Per Diem, cab fare, and fees for tourist attractions are not included. We reserve the right to disqualify users, without notice, and for any reason. No purchase or payment necessary to win.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Entries will be automatically disqualified from the competition for the following reasons:
- If the final project does not follow the design or specifications outlined in the candidate’s original application
- If they are received after the deadline.
- If they may result in any copyright infringement or legal dispute for the judge’s panel, organizers, sponsors.
- If they pressure for preferential treatment by the panel members, the organizers, or sponsors of the competition.
Submissions will be judged by experts and well-known professionals from fashion, design, media, and other fields. In all matters concerning the course of the competition, including the selection of winner and settling disputes, the decisions of the judges are final. All matters will be decided by majority vote and are not subject to appeal. Judge panel deliberations will not be made public.
RIGHTS TO WORK/DESIGN
Contestants do not maintain ownership of their designs and final projects. By the act of participating in the “Artemis Secret 109TaylorMade fashion design contest”, contestants release all rights to design sketches, any and all production work, including but not limited to: completed garment sample(s), mock-ups and patterns. Furthermore, Contestants give permission to the organizers and sponsors to contact and promote them and their projects through a wide range of media: press, TV, internet, mailing, advertising, exhibitions, and fashion shows, for a period of twelve months following the “Artemis Secret fashion design contest”
WINNER AVAILABILITY/CONFIRMATION TIMELINE
The top 5 contestants will be requested to come into the show room from Aug 1st 2015 through Aug 15 2015 for an interview with the designer. We will contact via email to schedule a final interview during that time period.
- Prepare your garment design submission package to include coloured sketches, using the provided stencils.
- Production drawings, and technical specifications (optional)
- Write a brief synopsis of your design concept, describing the style, inspiration, and rationale of your design as it pertains to the 2016 winter season.
- Photos and other documentation may also be submitted to support your entry.
- Submit your entry by registered mail to:
16 Esna Park Drive, Unit 3
arkham, ON, L3R 1E1
- Electronic submission will also be accepted by email; send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The following stencils are available for download. These stencils (or reproductions of them) are to be used as the base of your design submissions. You may use any number of poses you find suitable for your garment design.
The competition platform opens June 15, 2015 – August 1st, 2015. All complete entries must be received via the competition platform by Saturday August 1st, 2015 6:00 p.m. EST.
- Designs must meet the following Criteria:
- All sketches must be uniform with the Winter 2016 season
- Compete in any (or all) of these categories:
- Sports & Athletics wear
- Casual & Relaxed wear
- Career & Professional wear
- Cocktail & Evening wear
- Wedding & Formal wear
- Sketch Front and Back proportional drawings (by hand or CAD) of each garment to clearly show seam placements and detailing, such as vents, pleats, yokes, etc.
- Specify fit levels and points of measure, i.e. Jacket has “boxy” fit, or if it’s a “slim” fit at the waist with “Wide Shoulders”
- Detailed list of fabric/trim placement
- You may include accessories (jewelry, belts, bags, shoes, hats, gloves)
Submissions will be judged by a panel of industry experts to determine the winner based on the following:
- Strength of the concept and inspiration behind the design
- Creative interpretation of the concept and inspiration
- Commercial viability
- Choice of fabrication and trims
- Technical awareness
- Written and visual explanation of the design
- The design can be produced domestically
ENTRY & RELEASE
By submitting your entry, you agree to the following:
Acknowledgement in having read and understood the official rules and regulations for the “Artemis Secret 109TaylorMade fashion design contest and agree to abide by them. The attached work qualifies for submission into this Competition. There is consent to 109TaylorMade and to those it may authorize, to photograph, film, and/or videotape me and/or my artwork, and to quote and record statements made by me and to use, reproduce, publicly display, distribute, sell, and/or create derivative works from my image, images of my artwork, and statements made by me (with or without my name) and to identify me by name and/or with school and employment information, in all forms of media now known or later developed, including, without limitation, on the Internet, for any editorial, promotional, advertising, trade, commercial, or other purpose whatsoever, in perpetuity throughout the world.
It is understood that 109TaylorMade and those it may authorize shall not be responsible for unauthorized duplications/use by third parties on the Internet or otherwise.
109TaylorMade, and those it has authorized, and their respective successors and assignees, are released from any and all claims and/or damages that may arise regarding the use, reproduction, display, distribution, and/or sale of my image or images of my artwork, or statements made by me as consented to herein, including any claims of defamation, invasion of privacy or infringement of moral rights, rights of publicity, or copyright.
Submission into this contest certifies, that any work submitted is original and mine alone and that I have the right to grant the permissions herein granted.